The Central Highlands, Queensland is a great place to visit and live, with so many great things to see and do. Whether you are backpacking, caravanning, or looking to call the region home, you will soon find it is more than you expect!
How to get here?
All travelling preferences can be accommodated for whether you wish to travel by air, rail or road.
- Whether you are looking to rent a vehicle, hitching up the caravan or bringing your own wheels, the Central Highlands has an extensive road network, incorporating sealed highways, and major and minor roads.
- Train travellers can experience the “Spirit of the Outback” that ventures from Brisbane through Rockhampton to Longreach twice a week.
- A short flight to Emerald saves the time of travelling to the region. With several daily flights operating from Brisbane by QantasLink, Virgin and Air Alliance, many opt for this form of transport.
For more information see ‘getting around‘.
Where to stay?
There are plenty of great places for you to stay, from peaceful and quiet B&Bs, fully self contained apartments to caravanning and camping spots.
- See ‘stay‘ for more information.
What to do when you get here?
The Central Highlands is home to some of Queensland’s most unique attractions and the social scene rivals that of larger centres, with horse racing, rodeos, agricultural shows, art and craft markets and various family fun days all regular features on the calendar.
- The attractions will highlight the top 10 things to help start your adventure.
- Check out the the event calendar assist in planing your itinerary.